Home Insurance

If you're shopping around for homeowner's insurance in Connecticut, we can help. At Burns Insurance Group, our agents have the expertise needed to ensure your home is covered. Homeowner's insurance typically covers fire, windstorms, lightning, hail, vandalism and other perils. However, flood and earthquake damage are usually not covered and require separate policies.

A homeowner's policy typically covers your dwelling, other structures, personal belongings, and liability, depending on the type of coverage you choose. Keep reading to find out more about each coverage type.

Dwelling Coverage

Dwelling coverage pays for the cost to rebuild or repair your home when it sustains damage due to a covered loss. Ask us about the coverage limits that might work for your home.

Other Structures Coverage

If you have a shed, studio, barn or another structure on your property, you may need other structure coverage. Fences and detached garages are common buildings that homeowner's need to insurance in addition to the main structure where they live.

Personal Property Coverage

The only thing worse than losing treasured belongings might be having to replace them. Personal property coverage has you covered for the personal belongings in your home in the case of damage during a covered loss. We can help you insure your clothes, furniture, electronics, and sporting goods and explain how this part of your homeowner's plan works.

Loss of Use Coverage

Sometimes, you may have to move out of the house temporarily while it's being repaired. Many homeowner's policies offer a provision to reimburse you for the expense of living elsewhere during this period.

Personal Liability Coverage

Liability coverage gives you peace of mind in the event of a claim against you or in case of a lawsuit if you or anyone in your home causes property damage or injury to others.

Contact Burns Insurance Group to schedule a quote or to ask questions about homeowner's insurance for your Connecticut home.