Auto Insurance

Like most states, Connecticut requires basic liability car insurance. Burns Insurance Group is here to help you find the policy that is right for you. Most people want more than just the minimum to protect themselves, and we can help you figure out the best policy that fits you as an individual. Some coverage for uninsured motorist is also required, which would cover you if you had an accident involving an uninsured motorist.

Liability includes property damage as well as bodily injury coverage. You may set your own limits above the minimum and that will affect your premiums. You may also choose a deductible that will also have an impact on your rates.

If you owe on your car, your lender is likely to require full coverage on your automobile. If you are not making payments and have a relatively new car with some value, it is a good idea to have more than just liability coverage.

Collision insurance covers your vehicle if you are at fault in an accident or damage your vehicle some other way. Comprehensive coverage is "everything else" coverage for your car. It would cover you if you ran into someone's fence and caused damage to the fence. It would also cover you if a tree fell on your car.

Older vehicles with little value may not need a lot of collisions or comprehensive coverage. The insurance covers the fair market value of the car, so if damages exceed the value of the car, you will get the lesser of the two if the car is totaled.

Get in touch with Burns Insurance Group to learn more about car insurance coverage in Connecticut. You may get home and auto rates using the tool on our website. You may also stop by and visit us or give us a call. Our professional staff is here to help you find the best policy for your car insurance in Connecticut.